Monday, May 18, 2009

The Mocs had a great season!

Well, after beating the No. 1 ranked team in the country yesterday, (Southern Arkansas 3-1) Florida Southern loses to Lynn in the final game by a whopping 19-3!!! Sad but true. It's been a great season for Max and the Moccasins. The team goes 44-16 on the year...Max goes 10-1 with an ERA of 3. Not bad. He'll be driving home...be back by next weekend, and a short rest, and then off to the Cape by June 5th to play for the Cotuit Kettleers for the summer....I'm extremely proud of the boy.

In other news, I did race 2 weeks ago in the Greenwich Du. Did o.k. I wanted to finish under 1:10, and I did a 1:09...didn't place but they use 10 year age groups, and being 59, I'm at the top end...no problem. I wanted to do the Shamrock on Sun. but was busy with work in Manhattan and didn't get back in time. Next race I'm shooting for is the Griskus Olympic. I have some traveling in between, so I'll see how it goes.

Had a wonderful dinner in Manhattan with my son Seth the other night. He came in from Philly, and we went to one of my favorite all time spots, Harry's down in the Wall St. neighborhood. Clearly, my life is immersed with my kids...I love it, it's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment