Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Can't believe it's been 3 weeks!

Ultimately, this blog may become more effort than it's worth. I have a few family members reading it, and a couple of friends, and like many, if not all of us...time is always precious. Certainly, the weather here in CT. has been great for training outdoors. I'm just loving it. I've also had some traveling in between. Spent 3 days in Ft. Worth, and it was hot as hell. I'm looking forward to my 1st race of the season, this weekend the Greenwhich Duathlon. I've been participating in this race for close to 20 years, and although it's not USAT sanctioned, it's still one of my early season favorites.

My older son Seth will finish up his teaching in Philadelphia by mid June, he's handed in his resignation, so he'll will be looking for employment in the writing or journalism field. He's basically "burnt out" with the teaching, and now wants to move on. So, if anyone reading this has any leads for a smart, creative, dynamic, writer with 2 years of teaching experience, let me know. He'll look at virtually any opportunity, providing he gets to use his skills and expertise to write.

Younger boy Max, is still pitching very well at FSC. He's now 7-1, got his 1st college loss last weekend against Flagler. Despite a standout pitching effort from him, his team suffered their fifth straight loss, falling to Flagler 2-1 Friday night at Henley Field. Max matched his career high with 14 strikeouts, scattered six hits and walked only two through eight innings, but all he had to show for it was his first career loss and the first in eight decisions for him this season. They have 6 games remaining, and he'll pitch 2 of them. 3 games against their arch rival Tampa, and 3 against Nova. Max leads the team in ERA with a 2.82, and they're 2nd in the Conference, and ranked 11th in the country. We're hopeful they make the Regionals, which will start May 14th.

The Red Sox are on a tear at the moment, winning the last 11 straight, with a sweep against the Yankees which always bring joy to my life. Watching Jacoby Ellsbury steal home with the bases loaded is about as good as it gets. I just have to keep pinching myself to remind me that it's only April...it's a long season. And my good buddy Dave and I went to see the Dead the other night in Hartford. What a dynamite show! These guys are all in their 60's and put on an outstanding 3 hours jam and oldies show. Talk about endurance, the energy they displayed was incredible. Well worth it, if you can make one of the shows...they are threatening to make this their last tour ever....but like many rock stars...they keep coming back...

I hope to reporting from the D-II Regionals...keep your fingers crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment