Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sweet weekend

It was so nice...Starting Friday night, Max pitched against Eckerd College. He pitched a complete game and dominated, shutting out Eckerd, with only 4 hits, 1 walk, and 14 strikeouts, wins the game 7-0. On Saturday, they won the double header, and are now 31-5, and 11-1 in the Sunshine Conference. Max was also named Pitcher of the Week by the Sunshine State Conference. Big series starts Thursday night against the other 1st place team, Barry University. Max will pitch the Thursday night game, and they'll play a double header on Friday. This is very exciting, but very nerve racking. Also had a wonderful conversation with Seth, who was driving to DC for part of his week off from teaching. He is such a talented kid, and so insightful. He may get up here at the end of the week, maybe the 2nd night of Passover...I certainly hope so.

Then on Saturday, I had a great long, slow run complete with sun, rain, wind, and clouds. A little bit of everything. Got together with our gourmet dinner club last night, and sat around the t.v. and watched UConn lose. They were never really in it. Michigan State had Magic Johnson show up in the locker room before the game and give a motivational type speech to the guys. It definitely worked. UConn's pregame conference was televised, and Jim Calhoun, in my opinion, did a lousy job in terms of speaking to his team. It was a very flat speech, almost like he expected to win it. Surprise! Tom Izzo clearly had his agenda in order. Oh well...now let's see if the women can take care of Stanford tonight, and it starts at 9:30 PM. what's up with that?

After watching the weather on Friday, I decided if I had any chance of biking outdoors, it would be today...and it was. I had a great 25 mile hilly cruise throughout Orange and Milford, wearing just shorts, and a shirt. Glorious! I love this time of year. The smells, the flowers blooming, ah, it is so sweet. I was sorry I couldn't participate in the Brian's Boogie Beachside Du...but just checked the results, and see that Alan finished 1st overall. Congratulations Alan, nice job. So, for me, the season has begun. I always count the start of my season when I can bike outdoors.

I have an incredibly busy week between work, and Passover. We're hosting the 1st night Sedar at our house, Marla will be cooking for 14...always fun, but a lot of work. And I've got a lot of workouts to get in....Max on Thursday night, and hopefully Seth will be here....Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment