Sunday, February 8, 2009

What a difference a week makes

Wow...had single digit temperatures outside for almost the last 2-3 weeks, and today I ran in shorts, no gloves, temps in the low 50's. I did a 90 min. run between HR of 125-135, and it was sunny and 51 when I left the house. About 30 mins. in...it started to pour, and it felt great, I loved it. The rain lasted about 20 mins. and the sun came back out, and my jacket and hat were practically dry by the time I got home. Saw Kenny Osborn on his moutain bike in the last 20 mins. of the run. He looked happy, and why not, springtime on Feb. 8th. Realty check, we still have 6 weeks of winter, but you have to grab it when you can.

It was a another great week of workouts, felt strong all week. Marla and I did the core strength training twice this week, and I am convinced it's helping. I feel better and stronger at all 3 venues. And yesterday, I took my bike down to Chapman's and based on a conversation with Eric about my knees, I had my Speedplays replaced with some Look Keo Sprint pedals, to keep me from floating too much. I've notice a big difference with my new Asics sneakers, especially on my longer run this morning, so I'm hoping for similar results with the new pedals.

In other news, my son Max, pitched his 1st game of his season in St. Augustine yesterday, had 4 great innings, then got hit hard in the 5th, before they took him out. He gets a no decision, as the game went 15 innings, and Flagler won 6-5. He's been invited to play for the Cotuit Kettleers this summer in the Cape Cod league, so if anyone has a connection for a house or inn, that Marla and I can rent 4 or 5 times for 3 or 4 days at a shot...let me know.

And finally, I've been looking for a new traveling laptop, and checked out the new Acer Aspire One Netbook, it's unbelievable. I can get 1 GB of RAM, 160 GB hard drive, with two SD slots, so I have the ability to carry another 16 gigs of data around in one slot and a free slot to download pictures from my digital camera. This is plenty enough for the puny installation footprint of Windows XP (it doesn't come with Vista thankfully), MS Office, and the other tools I need + my data. All in a 2.4 lb. package for $299 at Best Buy. I can upgrade the memory to 2GB for $64, and go crazy with an optical DVD drive for another whopping $100. With all my traveling, it's a no brainer...got to have it.

Have a great week everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment